- Vice president for student affairs, Illinois State University, since June 2011 and tenured associate professor of educational administration and foundations.
- Vice chancellor for student affairs and special assistant to the chancellor at Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, from April 2006 to May 2011; other capacities at SIU starting in April 2000.
- Ph.D. in professional studies in higher education administration from Iowa State University.
-President, Murray State University, Murray, Ky., since December 2006.
w Superintendent of education for the Illinois State Board of Education from September 2004 to December 2006.
- Former professor in the department of educational administration and higher education at Southern Illinois University, Carbondale.
- Ed.D. in educational administration from the University of Illinois in 1991. He also has master’s and bachelor’s degrees from Illinois State University.
- President, Framingham State University, Framingham, Mass., since August 2006. He also is a professor of sociology at Framingham.
- Former provost and vice president for academic affairs and a professor of criminal justice at College at Brockport, State University of New York.
- Ph.D. in criminal justice from the University of Albany, State University of New York in 1980. Flanagan has done post-graduate work at Harvard University in Cambridge, Mass.
- Tenured professor, provost and vice president for academic affairs, Morehead State University, Morehead, Ky. since July 2007.
- Previously served as the American Council on Education Fellow at East Carolina University, where she also was a professor and founder of the College of Human Ecology, a merger of the schools of Human Environmental Sciences and Social Work and Criminal Justice Studies.
- Ph.D. in agriculture from the University of Tennessee-Knoxville in 1979.