McLEAN — A man suffered chemical burns Friday night when he was splashed with anhydrous ammonia near McLean, authorities said.

The man was filling tanks with the fertilizer about 7 p.m. at J & A Farms, 9641 E. 200 North Road, when he was sprayed by a leaky valve, said Mount Hope-Funks Grove Fire Chief Eric Fulk. The man suffered “significant burns” and was taken to Advocate BroMenn Medical Center, Normal, Fulk said.

The man’s name was not released, and his medical condition was not available.

The nitrogen-rich fertilizer forms a caustic alkali when it comes in contact with water, so it is especially dangerous to skin, eyes, lungs or other moist tissues.

Angry
0
Sad
0
Funny
0
Wow
0
Love
0

Load comments