Heyworth mayor

2013-03-13T07:00:00Z 2013-03-13T12:27:54Z Heyworth mayor pantagraph.com
March 13, 2013 7:00 am

I have lived in Heyworth for more than 38 years, and I think I have seen it all. Do we ever stop and think of who we put in the mayor seat? And can we trust that choice we make? Are they family? Are they just our friend? Or do we just not care?

Well, I am going to vote for Andy Nowlin and see what he can do. How about you?

Shirley Funk

Heyworth

1. ConservativeHornet
    ConservativeHornet - March 13, 2013 4:15 pm
    I am supporting Larry Mowery for mayor in the upcoming election. I have had nothing but positive feedback to me when addressing any concerns or issues regarding our town and also in offering suggestions. I believe he has nothing but the best interest of Heyworth in the decisions he makes and that shows in how our town has progressed over the last several years. I am very proud of my hometown and glad to live here. Based on my history I will vote for Larry. Let's all try to and give our positive comments about who we support and not simply spit negativity on someone.
  2. Old Biker
    Old Biker - March 13, 2013 3:22 pm
    Larry Mowery is a putz.
  3. STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS - March 13, 2013 2:06 pm
    Andy Nowlin is the new candidates name. He is a good man and a good husband. Over the past few years he has seen a huge increase in our small towns debt. We are millions in debt. He will be a good change for Heyworth.
  4. Julie Gerke Staff
    Julie Gerke - March 13, 2013 12:29 pm
    Candidate Andy Nowlin's last name was misspelled in verson of this letter posted earlier today.
  5. Jose
    Jose - March 13, 2013 10:56 am
    Why do you care what they do in Heyworth, Ellsworth? You decry others for being buttinskis, yet open your yap about everything under the sun because of your peculiar delusions?

We know why.

6. catlbyer16
    catlbyer16 - March 13, 2013 8:04 am
    On the other hand, anytime any candidate upsets early, that is in and of its self, a dang good endorsement for that candidate.
  7. earlyriser54
    earlyriser54 - March 13, 2013 7:16 am
    Shirley, I KNOW there was NO THOUGHT put into the election of Larry Mowrey in the mayors seat. Heyworth ahs had some good mayors over the years like Merle Shannon and Gene Briggs. Harlold Swanzy was a far better mayor than Larry Mowrey. I think you would be in much better hands with Mr. Moulin than Larry Mowrey. I have known Mowrey for over 40 years and I can think of a lof of adjectives to describe Larry Mowrey but they do NOT INCLUDE honest, humble, sincere, or industrous.

Activate subscription button gif