Local events scheduled for Nov. 12 through Nov. 16
- Midstate MiniMakers exhibit of winter and holiday miniatures, now through Dec. 30 in display windows of Mace Printing, 309 N. Main St., Bloomington.
- Corn Belt Philatelic Society's Cornpex '06 annual postage stamp and postcard show; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Center for the Performing Arts, downtown Bloomington.
- Local author Shiela Bishop Irwin to discuss her book "Escape from Hell: An AVG Flying Tiger's Journey"; 10 a.m., First Christian Church, 401 W. Jefferson St., Bloomington.
- Statewide Independent Living Council of Illinois and Illinois Department of Human Services' Division of Rehabilitation Services public forum; 3:30 to 6:30 p.m., LIFE Center for Independent Living, Bloomington. Call (217) 744-7777 for accommodations.
- Book Week Scavenger Hunt; Normal Public Library Children's Department. For preschoolers through sixth grade. Call (309) 454-4668. Through Nov. 18.
- Rules of the Road review course; 9 to 11 a.m., Normal Community Activity Center, One Normal Plaza, Normal.
- Eureka Rotary Club Rotarian Mike Sager to speak on "Corn and related things"; noon, Eureka College Cerf Center.
- YWCA Senior Services free walk-in Medicare insurance counseling for senior citizens; 2 to 3 p.m., BroMenn Regional Medical Center, Normal. Call (309) 454-1451 or (800) 227-2509.
- Miller Park Zoo to receive 50 percent of all proceeds from 5 to 8 p.m. at Potbelly's Restaurant, 101 N. Veterans Parkway, Bloomington. Call (309) 662-9299.
- Program on foreign and domestic adoption; 6:30 p.m., Eureka Public Library. Call (309) 467-2922.
- World War II veterans share wartime stories; 7 p.m., Gridley Library.
- Neighbors Association of Normal public forum on financing Normal's growth and improvements; 7 p.m., Community Activity Center, 1110 Douglas St., Normal. Call (309) 452-9654.
- Documentary "In the White Man's Image" to be shown in recognition of National American Indian Heritage Month; 8 p.m., Illinois Wesleyan Cultural Center, 1405 N. Park St., Bloomington.
- Chenoa Public Library story hour for children ages 3 through fourth grade; 4 to 4:30 p.m., the library. Call (815) 945-4253.
- Healthy You Healthy Earth, Wellness and Environmental Fair; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Brown Ballroom, Illinois State University Bone Student Center, Normal.
- Cullom public forum on proposed sale of the Community Building; 7 p.m. at Cullom Community Building.
- Physics Day on aerodynamics; 10 to 11 a.m. and 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Children's Discovery Museum, Normal. Admission: $4 ages 2 and older. Call (309) 433-3444.
- Heartland Community College talk show, "Hear & Know"; 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., Heartland's Campus Cafe. Topic: "Peaceful Resolution to Violence."
- U.S. Rep. Tim Johnson's mobile office hours; 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Dwight Public Service Complex; 1:30 to 3 p.m., Pontiac City Hall; and 3:30 to 4:30 p.m., Lexington Council Chambers.
- Open house for Pontiac LIFE Center for Independent Living's expansion; 4 to 6 p.m. at the LIFE Center, Pontiac. Call (309) 663-5433 (voice); (309) 663-0054 (TTY); or (815) 844-1132 (voice/TTY).
- Chili supper and bazaar; 5 to 7 p.m., West Olive United Methodist Church, 1306 W. Olive St., Bloomington.
- Paul Konrad, professional ornithologist, to present "The Birds of Alaska's Arctic: An Evening of Images, Inspiration, and Action"; 7 p.m., Room C101, Center for Natural Science, Illinois Wesleyan University, 1312 N. Park St., Bloomington.
- Woodford County Sewing Guild to make Christmas ornaments; 7 p.m., auditorium of Woodford County Farm Bureau Building, Eureka. Call (309) 467-4525.