- Movie matinee, movie based on "Mama's Book Account"; 1:30 p.m., community room, Normal Public Library. Call (309) 452-1757.
- Swedish craft "huck weaving," topic of Nancy Aldrich; 7 p.m., Farm Bureau building, Eureka, meeting of Woodford County Sewing Guild. Call (309) 467-4525.
- Opening day of reading program; 10 to 11 a.m., Deer Creek District Library, 203 First Ave., Deer Creek.
- RSVP for strawberry shortcake social; 3 p.m. June 28, Blair House, 1200 E. College Ave., Normal. Call (309) 454-8900.
w Register for Tazewell County GED testing; 5 p.m. July 6 and 8 a.m. July 7, Tazewell County Justice Center. Registration: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays, Tazewell Regional Office of Education, Pekin. Need: $35 and Illinois driver's license or Illinois photo ID. Call (309) 477-2290.
- Birthday party celebration at Miller Park Zoo; 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., for zoo's 116th birthday, 1020 S. Morris Ave., Bloomington. Free with regular paid admission. Call (309) 434-2250. Also June 24.
- Bloomington Police Department public auction of abandoned and unclaimed property; 10 a.m., south end of Lincoln parking garage, downtown Bloomington. Viewing begins at 9 a.m.
- Annual Gala of Gardens Walk fund-raiser for Dove's domestic violence program; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Clinton-area gardens of Randy and Sandy Rice, Gary and Carol Thompson, Rick and Sissy Leggett, Mary Calvert, Terry and Wilma Willis and Wapella Park and Garden.
- Lincoln's Trail to St. Jude fund-raiser; noon to 9 p.m. downtown Lincoln, sponsored by Main Street Lincoln; and Railsplitter Antique Auto Club Super Cruise for St. Jude, 5 to 9 p.m., downtown Lincoln square; live entertainment, 6 p.m. Call (217) 732-3519.
- Amateur Radio Field Day; noon Saturday to noon Sunday at American Red Cross Center, 1 Westport Court, Bloomington, hosted by Central Illinois Radio Club and State Farm Amateur Radio Club. Call (309) 378-4416. Also June 24.
- "Let's Buzz the Gut" cruise night; 4 p.m., downtown Dwight. Cruise starts at 6 p.m. Sponsored by Dwight Main Street. Call (815) 584-2083.
- Ice cream social followed by the movie "Cars"; 6 p.m., Waynesville Park, Waynesville.
- Summer drive-in at the YMCA; parking begins at 8 p.m., YMCA main parking lot, Bloomington; movie at dusk. Bring something to sit on. Rain or shine. Call (309) 827-6233.
- Pre-registration required, women's self-defense and personal safety workshop; 9:30 a.m. to noon July 21, YWCA McLean County, Bloomington. Cost: $20. Minimum of six participants required. Call (309) 662-0461.
- Streator R/C Flyers 19th annual radio-controlled air show; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., club field, two miles west of Streator on Illinois 18 and half mile south on East 15th Road.