• Rules of the Road review course; 9 to 11 a.m., Bloomington YWCA, 1201 Hershey Road, Bloomington.
• Illinois State University adult enrichment program, Mornings with the Professors; 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., ISU Alumni Center, 1101 N. Main St., Normal. Topic: The 2008 Election: A Turning Point in American History. Cost: $45 for all five sessions or $15 for individual sessions; may be paid at the door. Call (309) 438-2160.
• Natural Science Colloquium; 4 p.m., Center for Natural Science Learning and Research, Room C101, 201 E. Beecher St., Bloomington. Speaker: Jason Themanson, "Neural Indices of Action Monitoring." Call (309) 556-3418.
• Haunted Trail; 6 to 8 p.m., Constitution Trail, starts behind Normal City Hall. Admission: $1 per person; includes hayrack ride back to City Hall. Sponsor: Normal Parks and Recreation Department. Call (309) 454-9540. Also Oct. 25.
• "Ghostly Tales Under the Stars;" 7:30 p.m. Friday, 2 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Illinois State University Planetarium, Normal. Admission: $4, adults; $3, children ages 5-12 and seniors; $2, children ages 3-4; members, free. Call (309) 438-5007.
People are also reading…
• Alice in Wonderland; 7 p.m., LeRoy Junior/Senior High Cafetorium, LeRoy. Presented by LeRoy Junior High chorus. Also Oct. 25.
• Family story hour for preschoolers and families; 10 a.m., Normal Public Library Community Room. Also Oct. 25.
• Make A Difference Day harvest festival; 1 to 8 p.m., West Side Community Garden, corner of Mulberry and Roosevelt streets, Bloomington.
• Tales of Hamilton; 2 p.m., Normal Public Library Community Room. Twin City Tale Spinners will tell stories about Alexander Hamilton.
• Chicken noodle dinner; 4 to 7 p.m., Washburn United Methodist Church. Adults, $8; children age 6-12, $4. Carry-outs available.
• Prairie Aviation Museum fund-raising dinner (chili or vegetable beef soup with bratwurst); 5 to 7:30 p.m., Challenger Learning Center boarding area, Bloomington. Cost: adults, $8; children ages 6-11, $5; children age 5 and under, by donation.
• Atlanta United Methodist Church annual town-wide food drive; bags will be dropped off at homes Oct. 25. Drop off at church or place bagged items on porch by 8 a.m. Nov. 1. Call (217) 648-5002 for pick-up. Through Nov. 1.
• Bazaar; 8 a.m., Chatsworth United Methodist Church. Sponsored by UMW. Food/country store, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dinner: $6.50, adults; $3, age 12 and younger. Silent auction for quilt.
• Arrowsmith Christian Church bazaar, bake sale, luncheon; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., 305 N. Walnut, Arrowsmith.
• Beatles tribute band American English; 6 to 8 p.m., Rinker Open Air Theatre, Eureka College. Bring lawn chairs or blankets. In case of inclement weather, concert will be in Cerf Center.
• Biometric fingerprinting, DNA identification kit, child safety event; 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Brad Barker Honda, 1602 GE Road, Bloomington. Call (309) 663-9591.
• Chemistry Day; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Children's Discovery Museum, Normal. Presented by American Chemical Society. Cost: $4 per person ages 2 and older. Children under 16 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
• Halloween at the Zoo; 1 to 3 p.m., Miller Park Zoo, Bloomington. Free with zoo admission. Costume parade, 2:30 p.m. Call (309) 434-2250 or visit www.millerparkzoo.com.
• Deer Creek Halloween parade; 3 p.m., line up at 2:30 p.m., Deer Creek Municipal Building, First Avenue and Logan. Canned good collection for Deer Creek Methodist Church Food Pantry.
• Teen Advisory Council; 4 p.m., Normal Public Library Community Room. Halloween party; wear costume.
• Halloween party; 5 to 7:30 p.m., Mount Hope-Funks Grove Park District building, McLean. Games, face painting, cake walk, chili dog meal.
• "Not too scary" Halloween party; 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Wapella Park Pavilion. Haunted trail, 6:30 p.m.
• Ghost investigation; 3 to 9 p.m., 314 N. Main St., Bloomington. Must be at least 18. Admission: $30 per person, $50 per couple. Advance tickets at Old House Society Warehouse, 214 E. Douglas St., Bloomington, or call (309) 820-0548.
• San Jose Lions Club card party; 2 p.m., Community Center.
• Spaghetti supper; 4:30 to 7 p.m., Downs United Methodist Church. Adults, $6; children ages 12 and younger, $4.