Fire damages home in rural Carlock

Fire damages home in rural Carlock

  • 1
{{featured_button_text}}

CARLOCK — A fireplace fire that spread to the attic damaged a home Tuesday night in rural Carlock, but no one was injured, firefighters said.

The fire at the Paul Lemek residence, 8263 Stutzman Lane, was reported at 7:05 p.m. by the owner, who was home at the time, said Carlock Assistant Fire Chief Michael Henning. The fire was out in about half an hour, but firefighters remained on the scene until 9:45 p.m. to make sure the fire hadn't spread and to clean up.

The fire began in a dining room fireplace of the one-story, ranch-style home and spread because of a flaw in the construction through the chimney into the attic, Henning said. Firefighters had to cut a hole in the roof for ventilation and pulled down ceilings to control its spread.

The home was insured, Henning said, but he had no damage estimate.

Danvers and Hudson firefighters helped at the scene and Congerville firefighters stood by at their fire station.

The home is in the Sunset Lake subdivision, which is almost 2 miles northeast of Carlock.

0
0
0
0
0

Be the first to know

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News