NORMAL — The town of Normal has announced its spring hydrant flushing schedule.
The hydrants are flushed to remove sediment or stagnant water from the distribution system and to test fire hydrant operation.
Water may be temporarily discolored, so residents should avoid washing clothes between 10 p.m. and 8 a.m. while flushing is in progress in your area.
- May 12-19: Areas north of College Avenue, east of Constitution Trail and south of Shelbourne Drive, including Beechwood Court, Basswood Lane, Heritage Road, and Regal Drive; the Collie Ridge and Tramore subdivisions; and areas east of Veterans Parkway and south of Interstate 55.
- May 14-16: Areas west of Linden Street, north of Raab Road, and Heartland Ridge and Lincoln College.
- May 14-19: Areas south of College Avenue, east of Constitution Trail.
- May 15-19: Ironwood, Wintergreen, Northfields, Heather Ridge and North Bridge subdivisions; areas south of College Avenue and west of Constitution Trail.
- May 14-19: Areas between West College Avenue and Raab Road, west of Constitution Trail; the Pines, Pheasant Ridge, Carriage Hills, and Pinehurst subdivisions.
Visit http://www.normal.org/DocumentView.aspx?DID=937 for a town-wide view of the hydrant flushing map and to see when hydrant flushing will be performed in your area, or call 309-454-9563.