• American Red Cross: www.archeartland.org or www.redcross.org. Mail checks to American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, D.C., 20013 (Write "IRF" in the memo line to designate donations for the International Response Fund); or call 800-REDCROSS or 800-257-7575 (Spanish).
• The Salvation Army: www.salvationarmyusa.org; call 800-SAL-ARMY; or mail checks to Salvation Army World Service Office, International Disaster Relief Fund, P.O. Box 630728, Baltimore, MD 21263-0728.
• Midwest Food Bank: Mail checks to Midwest Food Bank, 1703 S. Veterans Parkway, Bloomington, IL 61701; or call 309-663-5350.
• Eastview Christian Church atrium, 1500 N. Airport Road, Normal; collecting rice, beans, protein bars, Tylenol/ibuprofen, antibiotic ointment, soap, for transport to Miami and then to Cap-Haitian. Monetary donations may be made to Eastview Christian Church Help Haiti.
• Lincoln Bible Church, 2316 N. Kickapoo St., Lincoln, IL 62656-1308; donations benefit Evens School in Haiti, its students and the family of Lincoln Christian University student Evens Sanon.
• Eureka College Haiti Relief Fund, Business Office, 300 E. College St., Eureka, IL 61530; T-shirts and hygiene items can be dropped at Student Programs and Services Office.
People are also reading…
• Donations and collections accepted, Wesley United Methodist Church, 502 E. Front St., Bloomington; mark "Haiti emergency" in check memo line. Coordinated with United Methodist Committee on Relief. Health kit items and layette kit items also needed; call 309-827-8046.
• Collections taken; McLean County Timeless Clovers 4-H Alumni, to benefit Red Cross. Donations taken at 4-H events or during business hours at McLean County Farm Bureau Building, 402 N. Hershey Road, Bloomington.
• Collecting gently worn shoes; Cortese Foot and Ankle Clinic, 1607 Visa Drive, Suite 5B, Normal; Feb. 15 to March 31; include a dollar or two to help cover shipping; benefits Soles4souls.
• Relief item collection; 3-7 p.m. weekdays Feb. 8-20 and 9 a.m.-noon Feb. 13, Lincoln Christian University's Taylor Hall; coordinated with Haitian Christian Outreach. Needed: work gloves, bottled water, crutches, over-the-counter pain relievers and anti-itch creams, baby cereal, powdered formula.
• Christian open mic; 8:30 p.m. Feb. 12, Christ Fellowship Church, 510 IAA Drive, Bloomington. Sponsored by church and Ray of Hope Center of the Arts, Chicago. Freewill offering benefits Red Cross. Sign up at firstname.lastname@example.org or call309-212-6646.
Teacher Sally Gray's French class at Bloomington Junior High School raised $1,700 for Haiti earthquake relief through the Red Cross.
The collection, which included at least one student's Christmas present money, was led by 20 "really motivated kids." Her Bloomington High School students are making T-shirts and holding a talent event.
Pass it on
This listing appears online only at www.pantagraph.com. Let us know if you plan a public fundraiser to help the Haiti victims, or have already made a large donation. Email email@example.com or call 309-820-3256. Not sure where to donate or how to help? Visit www.clintonbushhaitifund.org.