The Bloomington Masonic Temple at 302 E. Jefferson St., whose cornerstone lying on April 26, 1911, was noted in a recent “How Time Flies,” is still standing. It is a proud landmark of this community’s Masonic heritage, and continues as the meeting place of Bloomington Lodge No. 43; Wade Barney Lodge No. 512; Bloomington Chapter No. 50, Order of the Eastern Star; Charles E. Dagenhart Chapter, Order of DeMolay; and Bloomington/Normal Assemble No. 7, Rainbow for Girls.
The Bloomington Masonic Temple also is now home and meeting location of the Valley of Bloomington, Scottish Rite Masons, formerly owner of what is now the Bloomington Center for the Performing Arts.
Barry D. Weer, Bloomington