Subscribe for 33¢ / day

PONTIAC - A fire of accidental cause destroyed a garage with two vehicles inside and damaged the home of a family of four late Sunday in Pontiac, a fire official said. No one was injured.

The fire started about 7:50 p.m. in the 100 block of Countryside Lane, said Fire Chief Dennis McDugle. Two adults and two children live at the home, which currently cannot be occupied.

The fire was started accidentally, the chief said, but he declined to say what caused it. He's waiting on confirmation from his investigators.

It took about 90 minutes to put out the fire, which destroyed an attached garage and a Mercury Mountaineer and a Ford Taurus before spread into a hallway and into the attic.

0
0
0
0
0

Load comments