From Aug. 5
NEW 1. Westbound lane of Eastland Drive, from Veterans Parkway to Fairway Drive, will be closed for a water main repair.
2. Various streets in uptown Normal are affected by the Marriott hotel project.
2. Fell between North and Irving streets, Normal, will be closed until Aug. 13.
2. The intersection of Beaufort Street and Fell Avenue and Fell between Beaufort and North streets will remain closed until mid-August. Businesses there remain accessible.
2. Beaufort between Broadway and Constitution Trail is closed through late 2008. Beaufort between Fell and Broadway is closed through late 2008.
2. Constitution Trail between Mulberry and the railroad tracks is closed through late 2008.
3. Road construction has started at Dr. Martin Luther King Drive between Market Street and Lake Trail Road. Property remains accessible but construction equipment will be in the area.
3. Road construction has started at White Oak Road between Graham Street and Industrial Park Drive. Property remains accessible but construction equipment will be in the area.
4. Brokaw Road will be closed to through traffic for several months from Towanda Barnes Road to Abraham Road for sewer construction. Abraham Road will be closed to through traffic for four- to six weeks from Ireland Grove Road to U.S. 150 for sewer construction.
5. U.S. 150 is being resurfaced from Kickapoo Creek bridge near Downs to N. Hemlock Street in LeRoy until Aug. 30; Illinois 9/U.S. 150 bridge is being rehabbed a half mile east of I-55/I-74 until Saturday; the Carlock weigh station is being rehabbed.
6. Hovey Avenue is closed to through traffic between Cottage Avenue and Park Place and at the Hovey Avenue/Bone Drive intersection. Local access on Hovey Avenue between Bone Drive and Cottage Avenue will be maintained using Case Drive, Robert Drive and Park Place. This closure is for pavement replacement and is expected to last until the first or second week of August.
7. Towanda Avenue between Emerson Street and Jersey Avenue in Bloomington will be closed starting Aug. 1 and for an undetermined time.
NEW 8. U.S. 51 southbound, from Empire to Locust streets, will be reduced to one lane for cold milling and resurfacing. Work should be done in late August. U.S. 150 from Locust to Empire Streets is reduced to one lane for related work.
NEW 9. Interstate 55 between mile markers 164 and 167 will be reduced to one lane for patching, cold milling and resurfacing until late October.
NEW 10. Illinois 9/U.S. 150 bridge, a half mile east of I-55/74 at Bloomington, is being rehabbed until mid-August.
- Interstate 74 is reduced to one lane in each direction at the Kickapoo Creek bridge until further notice while the westbound bridge is being rebuilt.
- Danvers/Carlock Road is closed from 5397 E. 2050 North Road to 600 East Road, and 500 East Road from 1950 North Road to 20161 N. 500 East Road until further notice. Danvers/Carlock Road will be closed from North Street in Danvers to the I-74 interchange at Carlock through Oct. 31.
- PJ Keller Highway at the Lexington Interstate 55 interchange will be under construction through September.
- The Illinois 165 bridge over a ditch two miles west of Colfax was closed July 5 for emergency repairs. There is a marked detour along Illinois 9 and McLean County Highway 15. The repair time is unclear.
- Illinois 10 will be closed for 0.4 mile west of Clinton for bridge work until Sept. 30. One lane of U.S. 51 is closed from the north edge of Clinton to Illinois 10.
- I-55 bridges between Towanda and Lexington are being repainted overnight.
Be the first to know
Get local news delivered to your inbox!