Skip to main content
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
20 sick at Thanksgiving party with indoor grill

20 sick at Thanksgiving party with indoor grill

  • Updated
  • 0
{{featured_button_text}}

CHICAGO -- Seven people were hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning after someone used a charcoal grill inside a Chicago home for Thanksgiving.

The Chicago Tribune reports (http://trib.in/t8Zdnz) that ambulances were called to a home on Chicago's North Side before 11 p.m. Thursday. Twenty people reported symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Seven people were taken to area hospitals. The others were treated at the home.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warns that charcoal should never be burned inside because it gives off carbon monoxide.

0
0
0
0
0

Be the first to know

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News