Try 1 month for 99¢

UPDATED 12:15 p.m. CARLOCK - A Friday morning kitchen fire at 109 E. Douglas St., Carlock, resulted in injuries to the homeowner's visiting son and his wife.

Carlock Assistant Chief Ralph Smith said the son of the home's owner was visiting with his grandmother while his mother was at work. He and his wife were making lunch when the fire started.

The son, a Decatur firefighter, initially tried to put out the stove fire with baking soda but did not have enough. They then threw the burning pan from the house into the yard, and the son and his wife each received injuries from splattering grease.

"He (the son) told me it was either get it outside or let the house go," Smith said.

They were transported to BroMenn Regional Medical Center for medical attention.

Names of the victims, the extent of the injuries were not immediately available.

Damage appeared to be limited to the home's kitchen.

0
0
0
0
0

Load comments