Bloomington, IL 61701
About Tobin's Pizza
The story starts on February 1, 1981 when Micheleo’s Pizza opened its doors at 4 pm that Sunday evening. Two hours before the opening the sauce recipes for both the thin and pan pizzas were developed (seriously). There were only a handful of employees at the start and the first night’s sales were only a few hundred dollars. The first ISU Spring Break in March that year was tough with the students gone. One of those nights we sold a .45 soda after being open for five hours with one employee on the payroll!!!
Micheleo’s was sold by its original owners, Mike and Geri in 2003 and remained at the North Street location until the summer of 2010 when unfortunately it closed for a short time due to complications. It was reacquired by the original owners and sold to Tobin’s Pizza in the fall of 2010. Micheleo’s is now being served at Tobin’s Pizza located at 1513 North Main Street in Bloomington.