The Bloomington Extreme (5-4) play against the Lexington Horsemen (5-5) on Saturday at 6:30 p.m. in Rupp Arena, Lexington, Kentucky.
Extreme leaders: Scoring: James Walton (12 TD, 72 points), Peter Christofilakos (9 FG, 28 PAT, 55 points); Rushing: Rocky Harvey (80 carries, 186 yards, 3 TD), Dusty Burk (44 carries, 170 yards, 8 TD); Passing: Dusty Burk (110 of 168, 1,292 yards, 28 TD); Receiving: Reggie Gray (44 catches, 503 years, 9 TD), James Walton (40 catches, 508 yards, 12 TD), Glenn Johnson (32 catches, 441 yards, 8 TD).
Horsemen leaders: Scoring: Rayshawn Askew (19 TD, 114 points); Rushing: Rayshawn Askew (127 carries, 416 yards, 17 TD), Dieontea Stewart (39 carries, 109 yards, 6 TD); Passing: Kewan Drewberry (148 of 216, 1,535 yards, 32 TD); Receiving: Harry Lewis (51 catches, 604 yards, 9 TD), John Cooper (37 catches, 398 yards, 8 TD), Chad Spencer (23 catches, 243 yards, 10 TD).
What to watch for
- The Extreme will try to rebound from a 58-46 loss to Evansville last week that featured several critical fourth-quarter mistakes. Bloomington quarterback Dusty Burk threw for four of his nine interceptions on the season in the defeat.
- The game pits two of the top four scoring teams in the UIF. Lexington ranks third at 43.8 points per game, while Bloomington is fourth at 40.2. The Extreme ranks third in total offense at 235.8 yards, while Lexington is sixth at 224.5.
- Bloomington will be doing well if it breaks even on kickoff returns. The Extreme is last in the league at 12.8 yards per return, while the Horsemen are first at 23.9.
- Lexington's Rayshawn Askew is fourth in UIF rushing with 416 yards, while quarterback Kewan Drewberry is fourth in passing at 153.5 yards per game.
Around the UIF
- Sioux City coach Roger Jansen has resigned. Jansen took over the team on March 30 on an interim basis after the resignation of Richard Britt. Assistants Tom Luxford and Pat Arens will direct the Bandits (3-7) over the final five games of the season.
Sioux Falls leads the Western Conference at 9-0 and puts its 29-game winning streak on the line at home today against Sioux City.
- In Eastern Division clashes today, Ohio Valley (2-7) travels to RiverCity (6-4) and Rock River (6-4) plays at Evansville (3-6).
Compiled by Randy Reinhardt